Tuesday 8 May 2012

My first post in my first blog, as the 1st Thing of 23 Things. I want to try to catch up with all those colleagues on sln who are far more "with-it" than me! That's the problem with ICT stuff, it never stands still, so you can never stop learning! I've got a Kindle & an ipad now, so I can start to get to grips with what the kids at school are on about, but there's always more!

Not sure how well I am going to get on with blogging - not enough hours in the day... Still, it should be useful for recording cpd, including my progress with Eclipse, as well as cpd23.

Today, I got the answer to my calendar problem on Eclipse: a Windows security update had messed it up, but it's been fixed for me now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I only got as far as Thing 2 last year. I couldn't do much from school as certain sites are blocked and I just didn't catch up in the summer from home as planned. Anyhow hoping to complete the programme this year. I have kept intending to work thorugh the 23 Things, but now that it is formerly running again it's a good opportunity to participate.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,

    I get where you're coming from on the not enough time to blog issue. I will admit to always thinking blogging was a bit self-indulgent. But even after one post, it feels kind of cathartic, plus I'm getting to network with lots of colleagues I would not have met otherwise. I think being a school librarian can be fairly isolating. We're often on our own in our service, neither teaching staff nor admin support. It's easy to get lost. All the more reason to make the most of every opportunity to forge links to kindred spirits where we can.

    Thanks for your post. It made me feel that I wasn't the only one in danger of being drowned by new technology!

    ReplyDelete