Tuesday 15 May 2012

Hmm, obviously not going to possible to post every day, as with exam season I'm far too busy here!

Had a go at Thing 3; as you can see, I have changed the colours in this blog to my favourite mauve! What is a snag is that I can't seem to do anything with my other accounts.  I can't see how I can change anything similar in Twitter & Linked in. Also, we were warned so strongly about the dangers of social networking if you work in a school, that I purposely picked a user name in Twitter that doesn't contain my real name, & won't use my Facebook account ( I only got one because occasionaly you need it to look at something). Twitter & Facebook are both blocked in school, so I can't use them here anyway.

So - I can't really get to grips with this brand thing. I can see the value if I wasn't based in a school...

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you can customise the colours etc. of LinkedIn profiles, but you can on Twitter. If you click on the little person icon at the top right, and go to settings > design, you can pick a theme, upload an image or just pick a background colour.

    Though personally I think it's more about what you post than what colour it's in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie - I'll try Twitter at home. Maybe the paid-for Linked In has these kind of features.

      I get what you mean about it being more what you post - I tend to stick to sensible work issues, and not frivolous chat, as I really don't have the time for that on any media.

      Delete